Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swaddling Wars

Julia has never loved the swaddle, but I believe it helps babies sleep and gives them a sense of comfort. We have swaddled Julia for every nap and at night since she was born. We have tried three different swaddle blankets, the miracle blanket, Velcro kidapotomous, and even a double swaddle. Some have worked for a period of time and others have not, but I have been determined to stick to it as I thought this was my answer for better sleep. Regardless of the type of swaddle Julia would wake up screaming breaking out a few times a night and I would battle with her to get her reswaddled and back to sleep. Recently she learned to roll over both ways. A few times she rolled over in her swaddle and got stuck since she had no arms. So last night we went cold turkey and just did a sleep sack. I guess Julia had been trying to tell me she hated the swaddle because she had her best night's sleep in weeks. There may be more sleep in our future, at least for one kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment