Monday, February 8, 2010

Double Lattes and Wine

I am writing this blog from my iPhone at 2am while cuddling with Jack hoping the motrin I just gave him for his teething pain kicks in soon. He won't go back to bed but does not seem bothered by my one thumbed typing. As I sit here at 2am I find my mind wandering between the glass of wine I had a few hours ago after the kids went to bed and my double latte that I will be having in a few hours. Right now I am caught in the middle of my two favorite beverages missing the relaxing wine feeling and anticipating the jolt from my latte. The instant my latte hits my lips in the early morning a signal goes off in my body saying okay Jodie now wake up and let's go go go! And we do all day long. Similarly at the end of a long day when my wine hits my lips my body says okay time to shut the engine down and relax. It is in these first few months of being a mommy of two and enduring numerous sleepless nights and busy days that I have found great comfort in these simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment