Thursday, December 3, 2009

A New Chapter

I quit my job this week. I think part of me is still in a little shock that I actually did quit. I was at EY for 10 years, that is a third of my life! Recently, we decided as a family that it was just too much to have both Jeff and I in demanding public accounting jobs. So, I am the lucky one and I get to stay home with Jack and Julia. I am so excited to be able to stay home and raise our kids. It was a constant struggle for me to try and balance career and kids and now I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. However, I did love aspects of my career and will miss many things here are a few:
-intellectual stimulation (even among the most boring accountants!)
- challenging work, sometimes too challenging where I had to fake that I knew what I was doing
- free lunches - I will sooo miss this!!!
- the soup place in our building - best chicken chili and cheesy rolls
- great people - from our administrative staff to new staffers to my peers to the partners
- a few really awesome clients
- my morning latte from Starbucks and the time to enjoy it while slowing starting my day
That being said, I am so lucky and so excited to spend my time at home with Jack and Julia. It will be just as challenging (probably more) and a lot more fun!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jodie :) I'm so happy for you and look forward to some mom dates with all the "J's" soon..

    ReplyDelete